All children are expected to wear the school uniform. Please make sure every item, including shoes, have your child’s name in.
White T-shirt and navy shorts. These can be purchased from the school office. Children will also need a pair of black PE pumps. PE kits stay in school for half a term
Forest School Clothing
Reception children will take part in Forest School learning. Their learning will take place outside for the whole morning in the school’s woodland area, whatever the weather.
Children will need to have a waterproof coat, waterproof trousers or an all-in-one waterproof rainsuit and wellington boots. Waterproofs can be bought very cheaply in Home Bargains, Charlie’s Store, Shrewsbury or online at Amazon, eBay or Muddy Puddles.
In the cold weather, children need to wear thick jumpers and coats underneath their waterproofs, as well as bring hats and gloves.
In the warmer weather, children still need to wear trousers to protect their legs when sitting on logs or exploring the forest floor on their hands and knees!
Please ensure your child’s name is in all items. They can then be left at school in our forest school shed for the half term.
School Dress Code
Royal blue sweatshirt/cardigan (available from school with embroidered school badge)
Royal blue polo shirt (available from school with embroidered school badge)
Blue Summer dress
White, blue or grey shirt or blouse, if desired
Dark grey or black skirt or trousers (not jeans)
Black, dark grey or white socks (single colour)
Black footwear, preferably shoes
White T-shirt (available from school with school logo)
Navy Shorts (not too loose or tight) or games skort
Plimsolls (pumps) or trainers (not those worn at other times of the day)
(During the colder months children can wear long sleeved skins tops under their white t-shirt and tracksuit trousers or long leggings (black), especially for outdoor lessons/clubs, to help keep them warm)
PE Kit Bag with school logo
Book Bag with school log
No jewellery to be worn during P.E. lessons. Studs are normally covered with micropore tape during PE/Games lessons.
Uniform can be ordered from Bristows via their website at www.schoolwearfactory.co.uk. Orders can be delivered to school and we will contact you when they are ready or you can have them posted direct to you (for a small charge) or collect from the shop (157 Victoria Road, Bridgnorth WV16 4LL. Ph: 01746 761701. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org).
We have a number of items available from the school office. See attached for sizes in stock.
Second Hand Uniform Shop
The “Friends Second Hand Uniform Shop” is an initiative to help families reduce the amount of waste clothing ending up in landfill whilst raising money for the school.
How can you help?
Pass it on
Recycle your old uniform by passing it on to someone smaller than you.
Bring it in
Bring old uniform to our second hand shop on one of our drop off days. If it’s in good condition we’ll add it to our rail, If it’s a bit past its best we’ll bag it up and sell it in bulk.
Please try and keep hold of your old uniform until a drop off day but if you have things you need to get rid of quickly please contact email@example.com.
Buy nearly new
Save money and help prevent waste by buying good quality used items from our shop. The shop will be available on selected dates but if you need something in the meantime please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
You’ll be helping the school too
Money raised from the sale of second hand uniform will benefit the school via the Friends charity.
What can you bring?
Jumpers and cardigans
Polo shirts, shirts and blouses
Trousers and shorts
Skirts and pinafores
Items need to be in a wearable condition washed and preferably ironed.
Drop Off Dates (before school):
Sale Dates (after school):
We’re offering an extra reason to donate too. Leave your parent/guardian name and contact number when you donate and you’ll be entered into a prize draw* at the end of the school year. Terms and conditions are below.
Friends of the Coalbrookdale & Ironbridge School.
Registered Charity Number: 1060375
*Terms and conditions
1. By entering the prize draw you are agreeing to these prize draw terms and conditions.
2. The prize draw is being run by Friends of the Coalbrookdale & Ironbridge School.
Eligibility to enter
3. The prize draw is open to parents and guardians of children at Coalbrookdale & Ironbridge CofE over 18 years of age.
4. In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any
prize you may win.
5. A maximum of one entry per family per drop off is permitted.
6. The prize draw is free to enter.
How to enter
7. Provide your name and contact number when dropping of used uniform on one of our collection days.
8. Friends will not accept responsibility if contact details provided are incomplete or inaccurate.
9. The prize is TBC
10. Friends use of particular brands as prizes does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement of such brands.
11. The winner will be drawn at random.
12. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
13. We reserve the right to substitute prizes with another prize of equal or higher value if
circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
14. The decision of Friends regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no
correspondence will be entered into about it.
15. The winner will be notified after the last collection at the end of the school year via the contact number provided.
16. Friends will attempt to contact the winner by telephone up to two times.
17. If the winner does not respond to the calls notifying them of their win within 14 days of the
second call, they will lose their right to the prize, and Friends reserves the right to choose and
notify a new winner.
Receipt of the prize
18. Please allow 14 days for delivery of the prize or alternative collection or delivery arrangements may be made through mutual agreement.
Data protection and publicity
19. You consent to any personal information you provide in entering the prize draw being used
by Friends for the purposes of administering the prize draw. Your data will not be shared with anyone else and will be destroyed after a winner has claimed the prize.
20. The winner’s name will be announced via our Facebook page.
21. The winner agrees to the release of their first name via Facebook.
Limitation of Liability
22. Friends does not accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrants as a result of either participating in the prize draw or being selected for a prize,
save that Friends does not exclude its liability for death or personal injury as a result of its own
23. Friends reserves the right to cancel the prize draw or amend these terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice.
24. The prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any
disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.