The Curriculum at Coalbrookdale School
The overall aim of the school is to develop the children to the best of their ability, the understanding, skills and attitudes to enhance their opportunities and to provide a sound basis of competence and commitment for their future lives and work.
We firmly believe that learning should be interesting, rewarding and fun. We know that children remember more and understand better when they have new experiences and make discoveries first-hand. Where possible we apply this principle throughout the curriculum with excellent results, creating very memorable moments for the children from their time at our school.
Take a look at how we learn outside the school environment in our Events, Trips & Visits page.
Our Curriculum Intent
At Coalbrookdale and Ironbridge CE Primary School we aim to create:
- a curriculum that is ambitious for all pupils
- a curriculum that is coherently planned and sequenced
- a curriculum that is successfully adapted, designed and developed for pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities
- a curriculum that is broad and balanced for all pupils
- memorable experiences to bring learning to life
We value and make use of our links with local museums and organisations surrounding our historic school set in the Ironbridge gorge.